September 9, 2013 - Traumaplant Comfrey Cream Available for the First Time in U.S.
Traumaplant Comfrey Cream Available for the First Time in U.S.
EuroPharma launches clinically studied German best-seller in the Terry Naturally brand
GREEN BAY, WI, September 9, 2013— Comfrey is an herb that has long been known in the natural products industry as a botanical powerhouse with a huge drawback—it contains liver toxins called pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PA) that prohibit its use in dietary supplements. Scientists in Germany have developed a topical comfrey cream with all the benefits and no liver toxins whatsoever. Traumaplant® Comfrey Cream is made from a unique form of comfrey called Symphytum x uplandicum NYMAN, cultivated naturally in protected monastery gardens. The subject of 14 clinical studies, Traumaplant Comfrey Cream has proven, time-tested benefits.
“I have always loved Traumaplant Comfrey Cream, and always wanted to bring this fine European product to the U.S. retail health food market. We are now able to introduce this incredibly soothing, topical botanical cream to an entirely new American audience. Other comfrey creams contain PAs, and there is concern about absorption through the skin, especially if the skin is cracked or open. There are no worries with Traumaplant Comfrey Cream. In fact, some of the clinical trials on this product are on children, and it is approved for children age 4 and older in Germany, and age 2 and older in Switzerland. I think every home in America should have a tube of Traumaplant Comfrey Cream,” states the president and founder of EuroPharma®, Terry Lemerond. Traumaplant Comfrey Cream is now available exclusively in the Terry Naturally® brand at quality health food retailers nationwide.
EuroPharma, Inc. offers clinically proven and effective nutritional supplements and natural medicines that improve the health of America. Terry Lemerond, founder and president of EuroPharma, is well-known for innovation, and is credited as the first to introduce glucosamine sulfate and standardized Ginkgo biloba to the U.S. natural products market. Some of his current exclusive products include the award winning Curamin ®, a natural pain relief product†, CuraMed® containing BCM-95® high absorption curcumin, SagaPro® for bladder health, and Traumaplant® Comfrey Cream. The full line of dietary supplements is available throughout the U.S. in both the health food store and professional distribution channels. At EuroPharma, Our Passion is Your Health™.
†Pain related to exercise and overuse
1. Barna M, Kucera A, Hladíkova M, Kucera M. Randomized double-blind study: woundhealing effects of a Symphytum herb extract cream (Symphytum×uplandicum Nyman) in children. Arzneimittelforschung. 2012 Jun;62(6):285-9.
2. Nauert C. Non-interventional study for the treatment of 361 children with acute blunt traumata: results with a comfrey product. Postmarketing Study. 2011.
3. Schmidt M. Symphytum: effizienz auch bei kindern belegt. Naturamed. 2011:36-39. [German]
4. Guth A. Final report of the monitoring of the rehabilitation in cervical spine functional disorders in medication coverage with the help of Traumaplant®. Aerztliche Rundschau. Lek Obz. 2009;58(suppl):1-[German]
5. M, Kucera A, Hladícova M, Kucera M. Wound healing effects of a Symphytum herb extract cream (Symphytum x uplandicum NYMAN: ): results of a randomized, controlled double-blind study. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2007;157(21-22):569-74. [German]
6. Kucera M, Barna M, Horàcek O, Kàlal J, Kucera A, Hladìkova M. Topical symphytum herb concentrate cream against myalgia: a randomized controlled double-blind clinical study. Adv Ther. 2005 Nov-Dec;22(6):681-92.
7. Kucera M, Barna M, Horácek O, Kováriková J, Kucera A. Efficacy and safety of topically applied Symphytum herb extract cream in the treatment of ankle distortion: results of a randomized controlled clinical double blind study. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2004 Nov;154(21-22):498-507.
8. Kucera M, Kalal J, Polesna Z. Effects of Symphytum ointment on muscular symptoms and functional locomotor disturbances. Adv Therapy. 2000;17(4):204-210.
9. Mayer G. The local treatment of acute supraspinatus tendon syndrome with a Symphytum active substance complex ointment. Dtsch Z Sportmed [German J Sports Med]. 1993;44(3):121-124.
10. Mayer G. The local treatment of contusions and distortions of the knee joint with a Symphytum active substance complex ointment. Orthopedic Clinic of the Medical Department of Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University of Greifswald. Original Article. 1992.
11. Hess H. Effect of a Symphytum ointment with sports injuries of the knee joint. Dtsch Z Sportmed [German J Sports Med]. 1991;42(4):156-162.
12. Mayer G. The local treatment of acute lateral distortions of the ankle joint with an ointment containing a Symphytum active substance complex. Acta Therapeutica. 1991;17:89-100.
13. Nieder R. Effect of an active substance complex from Symphytum on epithelialization. Acta Therapeutica. 1989;15:289-297.
14. Tolerability of Traumaplant cream in young patients with intact skin (TRACY-1) and non-intact skin (TRACY-2). Harras Pharma. 2011. Data being prepared for publication.
EUROPHARMA USA LIBRARY DISCLAIMER
The research articles and study abstracts that you are about to view in the EuroPharma USA Library were prepared by independent authors and researchers. They are being reproduced on this site in their entirety. No such article or study abstract is intended to promote a particular manufacturer or brand of dietary supplement. This information is not intended to replace the advice of your health care practitioner. If you have any medical conditions, or are taking any prescription or nonprescription medications, see your physician and discuss all aspects of your treatment before altering or discontinuing any course of therapy. Accordingly, individuals must necessarily assume responsibility for their own actions, safety, and health, and the company is not liable or responsible for any loss, injury, or damage allegedly arising from any information posted on this cite.
THIS INFORMATION IS BEING PRESENTED PURSUANT TO SECTION 5 OF THE DIETARY SUPPLEMENT HEALTH AND EDUCATION ACT OF 1994-------THE "E" IN DSHEA—BROUGHT TO YOU AS A PUBLIC SERVICE BY EUROPHARMA USA.